Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mommy Bloggers T.O.T.W - Favourite tv show as a kid


Growing up in South Africa meant that we really had strange tv shows. Television only found its way to our fine land in 1976 (the year I was born) and we only got half an hours worth of news for the first few years.

My first memory of a favourite show was an Afrikaans classic called Trompie. Essentially a story about a naughty little farm boy who used to get into mischief all the time.

Once American and British tv found its way to us all sorts of things caught my attention. Those that stand out (in no particular order) are, Transformers; Robotech; He-Man and the A-Team. I may be a girl but it seems the boyish shows appealed the most.

As a young teenager I watched Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place and pretty much any other trashy angsty teenage drama and to be honest, they'd still be my guilty pleasure :-)

A

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I used to watch He-Man too with its moralistic ending followed by everyone laughing their heads off. It also had one of the campest baddies in the history of cartoons. But what I could never understand is how people didn't know it was him. I mean, all that ever changed was that he looked a bit like he's been to a tanning salon and battlecat had a few bits of armour. funny how children's programs stay with you as an adult...