Thursday, April 02, 2009

Spring at last?

It never ceases to amaze me how different my adopted country is when the sun starts to shine. A week ago we will still layering up in the morning, bracing for the wind when we left and just generally hoping that the good weather would hurry up. Then the clocks changed and suddenly the birds are singing, the sun is shining and people are starting to emerge from their little rabbit holes and greeting each other with delight. Clearly the Vitamin S is having a profound effect on our moods (thank god for that!).

Unfortunately I haven't been able to enjoy it as much as I would like to because this week has me off work due to illness for the first time in aaages. It seems I have picked up some kind of ear/gland infection and it is so unpleasant that even the sun hasn't managed to entice me out into the garden. It is such a pity and makes me all the more aware of how wasted sick leave is on the the sick! :-)

Now I realise that this is turning into a truly boring post and you'll have to forgive me for that (blame it on the painkillers), I promise to return to deep contemplation and navel gazing as soon as the ear heals, in the meantime rest assured that you are entertaining me and that I appreciate it deeply albeit it quietly from the corner.

VP

No comments: