Thursday, April 09, 2009

Noteworthy events (like erm, Easter)

Wow, I can't believe that this year is flying past so quickly, I mean Easter Week-end?? Seriously? What happened to March?

We're off to visit the in-laws this week-end which is always an exciting event, not only for the boys who obviously love visiting their grandparents (and Holly the dog, oh and Lucy the cat too) but we quite enjoy the break as well. I am lucky really because I get on really well with both my in-laws and so it is an easy time for all involved.

Thankfully visiting the in-laws over what is ostensibly a religious holiday doesn't come with any expectation that we'll partake in any religious festivities (as it would if we were back home in SA) so we can all just relax, eat chocolate and hope for some sun.

In other news, my younger sister has ended her engagement after dating the boy for about 7 years. It is a long story story involving rival families, 2 continents and much adolescent angst but it appears to be what is best for both of them and both the RO and I hope that they'll both come through this stronger, wiser and maybe even friends. On the upside it does simplify both of their lives and I see that as a good thing because unless you're really sure, your twenties should really be about self exploration if you want to live contentedly later in life (woh! that is like sooo deep man).

Also in the news is that we have finally! managed to scrape together the time (someone elses), money (ours) and inclination (we're good at procrastination) to get our deck terrace added to the end of the house. This is an especially good thing because it means that for the first time in 4 years we can open our french doors without risking death from the 6 foot drop which was the distance between door and ground. A costly but necessary addition but again, enjoying it is dependant on it not raining. Unfortunately it is raining right now and looks like it will continue to do so all week-end *sigh*. I wouldn't care but it has been glorious sunshine for the last 4 days - I guess Murphy has had a hand in again.

Oh yes, if you're wondering what has become of my egg donation posts, I am trying to get some things straightened out with the clinic. Nothing major but it appears that there has been some kind of administrative oversight, like they're NOT TELLING ME ANYTHING! Anyway, as soon as I have news, you will have news but in the meantime....

Happy Easter y'all!
VP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard this saying that as you get older the days feel longer and the years shorter. I'm so with you there what happend to MARCH ?!

Happy Easter to you and Yours I hope you have a wonderful weekend.